Friday, June 27, 2008

Mathmatics. Grawr.

Well, this post is a week late but I thought I'd add a little about my admissions process to UT. I am taking 3 classes this fall. 11 credit hours. So if you ask me I'll say yes I'm full time, but technically I am not. I'm taking Medical terminology, Anatomy (lab & lecture) and math.
Well because I started college a decade ago, some of the classes that I took & passed have no bearings on my transcript. These classes would be all the math and science classes. How wonderful. My councelor said I could either start at the bottom and take a few extra math classes or I could take a Math Placement test. I opted for the test. In true back to college fasion I crammed for a day. Lia came over & helped me out with some & I called a math teacher who works with my mom a couple times.
I went to UT last Friday to take my test and I passed. Not only did I get to skip over the class I took 10 years ago, but the one above that too. If I want in a higher math class I'll have to take a higher placement test. Lets not tempt fate. I'm pleased with where I tested & now I only have to take a math class this fall & one in the spring. I won't have to take one or two nex summer which is the best news of all!!!

2 comments:

Monique said...

I'm so excited you are going back to school. I'll be pulling (praying) for you - all the way!! Love Aunt MOnique

Laura said...

I Hate Math! UT made me take a math class over too...Ahhh Bancroft High!